Capital Allowances question

Postby mandyk2 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:16 am

Can anyone advise if capital allowances can be claimed on:

Roller shutters installed by a tenant on a shop (that could technically be sold separately when the tenancy ends)

The costs of building an interactive website

Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:30 pm

Postby Simon Sweetman on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:56 pm

I should say that a claim for removable roller shutters ought to qualify (but be prepared to argue).

HMRC practice is to allow capital allowances on website construction.
Simon Sweetman
Posts: 1724
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Postby Daniya on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:48 am

In simple "YES"

You (tenant) will be able to claim the FYA (50%) in the first year and 25% WDA in the 2nd year and so on.

This item will be included in the Fixtures and fittings.

There is no argument as to the CA's, even with HMRC. If HMRC argue ( which i am 100% sure wont)the inspector better have a good reason, which will be rubbish.
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Return to Business Tax

Dorifor Internet Marketing Dorifor Tax Group - our portfolio of tax sites:

UK's largest independent tax portal All the tax books on one site global tax seminars, conferences and other events Global tax jobs portal List of UK recruitment agencies and employers