This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Designer clothing

Stancik17
Designer clothing

Postby Stancik17 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi,

I am based in Slovakia where I run boutique clothing shop. I would like to start selling designer brands (e.g. Gucci) but it is not possible to buy it on a b2b basis. My Slovakian business is registered for vat so if I buy it directly from online shop, I would have to Pay UK VAT and charge Slovakian VAT too. My Slovakian accountant asvised me to register my Slovakian company for Vat in Uk or to set up a uk company. Any help with the problem.

Thanks, Andrea.

les35

Re: Designer clothing

Postby les35 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:20 am

If you buy from an online shop as a business customer, the B2B rules mean the transaction should be VAT-free, and you use the Reverse Charge.

Stancik17

Re: Designer clothing

Postby Stancik17 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that e.g. Gucci won't sell it directly to my Slovakian business... So I would have to buy it as a normal customer with UK VAT, which I cannot deduct in Slovakia plus I have to charge Slovak VAT on top of uk price with uk VAT.

Thanks for replies. Andrea

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”