This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Forgot to Declare

sunny3000

Postby sunny3000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:37 am

I have forgotten to declare a small profit on a property transaction back in 2004. If I declare it now will it trigger an investigation? WHat shoould I do?

Curtis.Fisher

Postby Curtis.Fisher » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:25 am

seek professional advice, try CAB first

Peter D

Postby Peter D » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:46 am

Are you sure there was a gain after all the relief's enhancements Legal and sales fees and you CG allowance. If you are not sure provide all the dates and numbers and your salary that FY and w'll see if there is a tax laibility. Regards Peter

wamstax

Postby wamstax » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:52 pm

you say that there was a small profit.... How small? It could be exempt under your annual Cap gains exemption limit and reduced by tings like indexation and taper relief and possibly lettings/or principal private residence relief. Full details and uses would enable a better response
regards
bill@wamstaxltd.com
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”