This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Full Time employed and small amount of self employed

framprose
Full Time employed and small amount of self employed

Postby framprose » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:21 pm

Hey,

So I have a question here it goes:

I have recently started a new job which I am being paid 17,000 per year which is full time monday - friday.

I am also considering doing a small amount of online work for a lady which will pay into my bank account an average of an extra £40 a month.

Obviously I will be paying tax on my full time employment but how does it work with the extra £40 a month. I am just wondering if it is worth doing the work if I have to claim on such a small amount will it tax me loads because of my other income and therefore be a waste of my time?

Its only such a small amount but I want to do it correctly as I do not want to get into any bother if i get it wrong.

Please someone advise me on this?
Thank you :)

section 44

Re: Full Time employed and small amount of self employed

Postby section 44 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:29 am

The profit (which might be lower than the income) will be taxable. As described your a basic rate taxpayer.

Return to “General”