This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Has she made a bad decision!

Has she made a bad decision!

Postby 170872 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:38 pm

I have a friend of mine who was working as an agency worker for a construction firm.

She was advised by an accountant to set up a Ltd company and pay herself a salary which she did with her first Directors salary in September 2016.

Now she is 3 months pregnant and due on 17 May 2016. She has difficulties adjusting to work condition due to initial pregnancy sickness where she is working
as the work is a bit heavy for her.
My question is is the place where she works via a Ltd company has to pay her SMP? or her own company has to deal with everything as she is no more directly employed via the agency. And if she stops now as she is unfit to work can she claim SMP or something?

Thanks

pawncob

Re: Has she made a bad decision!

Postby pawncob » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:40 pm

She's employed by her LTD and all SMP must be dealt with through that entity.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Business Tax”