This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

HELP

lolaleila
HELP

Postby lolaleila » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Purchased a property in March 2013. Paid £450,000 for the property. Lived in the property for three weeks in April 2013. I then immediately rented out the property. In May 2015 i returned to the property and lived their for a period of ten weeks. In March 2016 I sold the property for £650,000. I have paid no taxes to date. Please could you advise
me on any tax liabilities which have arisen.

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: HELP

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi

You should have paid tax on the Rental Profit and maybe Capital Gains Tax depending on the gain on the property and any Private Residence and Letting Reliefs.

I suggest you take steps to file the 2013/14 & 2014/2015 Tax Returns and later the 2015/16 return

Kind Regards

GTA

Return to “General”