This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

ISA previous tax year withdraw put back

andy2001
ISA previous tax year withdraw put back

Postby andy2001 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:59 pm

Do the new rules letting you take money from an ISA and then put it back in the same tax year only apply to an ISA taken out in the same tax year?

maths

Re: ISA previous tax year withdraw put back

Postby maths » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:49 pm

Per HMRC:

"The March 2015 Budget announced that changes would be made to allow ISA savers to replace cash they have withdrawn from their account earlier in a tax year, without this replacement counting towards the annual ISA limit for that year. This flexibility will be available in relation to both current year and earlier years’ ISA savings where provided for in the terms and conditions of a ‘flexible ISA’"

andy2001

Postby andy2001 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:07 pm

When is this meant to come into effect? I don't think it's in effect now as I got a warning when I went to withdraw from an ISA. 2017/2017 tax year?

andy2001

Postby andy2001 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:17 pm

I just asked on Halifax chat. And it seems it starts in the new tax year with some older ISA accounts converting.

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”