This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Leased equipment

Nonimous
Leased equipment

Postby Nonimous » Mon May 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi

Client and I have now talked each other round in a circle, so turning for outside advice....

Client is hiring equipment to a Spanish company with a Spanish VAT registration, to be used in the UK

I think because it's being leased, this is a service and therefore place of supply is Spain. If the company were actually buying the equipment and planning to use it in the UK, place of supply would be UK.

The use and enjoyment regs only seem to apply if one element is outside the EU, not if it's just in a different EU state

Any advice appreciated

les35

Re: Leased equipment

Postby les35 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 am

Working through PN 741A, chapter 13, I conclude that the usual General Rule applies.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”