This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Ltd company + carboot sale receipts...

Liambow
Ltd company + carboot sale receipts...

Postby Liambow » Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 am

Hi all,

I have a Ltd company - buying from bookers/makro/Utd and selling on eBay.

It's just a small company. Just me.

I want to start going to car boot sales - buying 2nd hand items and selling them on eBay.

I obviously keep all receipts from the wholesalers - but I won't be able to get them at car boot sales.

Could I take a photo with my phone of the items I'm buying (which records date/time) then fill in a receipt and get the seller to sign it?

Or could anyone else using carboot sales as a supplier let me know how they prove to hmrc how much they paid for things.

Thank you!

pawncob

Re: Ltd company + carboot sale receipts...

Postby pawncob » Tue May 23, 2017 12:32 pm

Is this the same "small" company that owes £100k CT?

Photos, dates, diary entries, even receipts, all help to establish the cost of goods. A solid audit trail is recommended.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “General”