This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Mechanics of paying / calculating CGT when gain declared as part of an online self-assessment return ?

EF101
Mechanics of paying / calculating CGT when gain declared as part of an online self-assessment return ?

Postby EF101 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:08 pm

I am submitting an online self-assessment form for 2015-16 which, for the first time, includes a CGT return in respect of a gain of around £60k on a property disposal in January 2016.

I have completed the online form, including the CGT section, but am finding that the tax calculation shown ignores the CGT liability and only covers the income tax liability (actually a credit is dues on that).

If I have understood correctly the CGT is due by 31 Jan 2017, but I am not sure how much to pay, or how to pay it if the amount is not included in the self-assessment total.

Any help appreciated !

EF101

Re: Mechanics of paying / calculating CGT when gain declared as part of an online self-assessment return ?

Postby EF101 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:00 pm

PLEASE IGNORE - POSTED IN ERROR !

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”