This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Money traansfer between two limited companies

p646
Money traansfer between two limited companies

Postby p646 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:16 pm

Hi

I have Limited company A with profit of 200K every year and got 200k balance after corporation tax
two directors me and my wife 51%--49%, we are taking 60k every year as dividends

I have opened a New limited company B to buy properties, Two directors me 25% wife 75%

Can I transfer Company A funds to Company B to buy properties? Will it be consider as avoiding dividends tax?

will they be consider as associates company?
Can Company A can loan Company B and what formalities i have to do? (like paying interest on loan amount)

will very thankful for this help

B

pawncob

Re: Money traansfer between two limited companies

Postby pawncob » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Under the new rules the small company profit rate of corporation tax will be abolished so most companies will pay tax at 20%, and issue of “associated companies” no longer applies.

There is no requirement to charge interest on loans. If you do, do not deduct income tax from the payment of interest to a company as would be required on a loan from an individual.

It would be prudent to have paperwork setting out the terms of the loan (repayment and any interest) signed on behalf of both companies.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

p646

Re: Money traansfer between two limited companies

Postby p646 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:42 pm

So. There is no problem

I can transfer the funds from one to another associate limited company.
That will be counted as a loan,
Loan term can be repayments after 5 years.

Thanks for your help

Return to “Company Taxation”