Postby chezzieb on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Can some please explain what NIERS is to me and should my husband be paying this himself.

Here are our details:

Tax code 810L/W1 - working for labouring agency paid by another company

64 hours @ 8.50 £544.00

Company Deductions
-£ 18.00 Company Margin
-£ 46.32 HMRC Payment NIERS

Employee Deductions
-64.60 Tax
-40.04 National Insurance

Take home £375.04

Its bad enough paying someone £18 per week to get paid let alone another charge being taken from his wages. Please can any help? Thankyou
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 pm


Postby pjclar02 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 pm

NIERS = Employer's National Insurance

Normally employer National Insurance would be paid by the employer, but as he works through an agency presumably he signed a contract stating that he would accept liability for the employer charge. This can be seen often with individuals working through "umbrella companies" (mentioned in your other post).
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Return to National Insurance

Dorifor Internet Marketing Dorifor Tax Group - our portfolio of tax sites:

UK's largest independent tax portal All the tax books on one site global tax seminars, conferences and other events Global tax jobs portal List of UK recruitment agencies and employers