This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Offshore tax question on gibraltar bank account

Cand1
Offshore tax question on gibraltar bank account

Postby Cand1 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:31 pm

I have lived in the uk for all my life and run a internet company. I do work for USA company's that pay me in usd

Can I open a bank in gibraltar and have the money paid to that account which allows me to not have to pay tax?

Which means on bringing the money to the uk at a later date I would be paying the tax then ?

bd6759

Re: Offshore tax question on gibraltar bank account

Postby bd6759 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:20 pm

No. As a UK resdient you pay tax on money you earn, regardless of where it is earned or where it is paid.

DavidTreitel

Re: Offshore tax question on gibraltar bank account

Postby DavidTreitel » Sun May 07, 2017 9:36 am

Presumably you have completed a W-8BEN for the US payor so that you do not suffer US withholding tax.

Return to “International Tax”