This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Flat rate VAT and income tax

118diesel
Flat rate VAT and income tax

Postby 118diesel » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:45 am

I am a soul trader, and am thinking of voluntarily registering for VAT and going on the flat rate scheme. My question is, does the cash made from the FLat RAte scheme beco
e eligible for income tax/national insurance ?

pawncob

Re: Flat rate VAT and income tax

Postby pawncob » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:27 pm

What cash?
Under the flat rate scheme, VAT paid to HMRC is a deduction against profits, since you don't (normally) reclaim any input tax.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

RAL

Postby RAL » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:08 pm

I am a soul trader, and am thinking of voluntarily registering for VAT and going on the flat rate scheme. My question is, does the cash made from the FLat RAte scheme beco
Yes, it will be subject to tax/ni.

Gross receipt/sales less flat rate vat paid to hmrc = Turn over less expenses = profit.
RAL

RAL

Postby RAL » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 am

What cash?
Difference between vat charged to the customer and flat rate vat paid to HMRC.
RAL

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”