This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

outside the scope of VAT

kelybrenda

Postby kelybrenda » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:02 am

I need help please. If I`m selling educational and training services to non-EC country, it suppose to be outside the scope of VAT. My question is if I shall account it as exempt supply or Non-Vatable transaction. Thank You.

Barry@LordAssociates

Postby Barry@LordAssociates » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:52 am

Educational/training to a non-EU client is outside the scope of VAT- with input tax credit. It is not exempt, so you are entitled to recover UK VAT on any costs attributed to the service you make. Therefore treat it as a non-Vatable transaction in your records.
If you also make exempt supplies of education you could be partially exempt and have to apportion the VAT that you can recover.
If you need further advice you can contact me on 07747 118751.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”