This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

commercial vehicle import

southwest

Postby southwest » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:08 am

please could someone advise me as to whether i can claim the vat back on purchasing a pickup from australia for buisness use the pickup is only a single cab but it only has a half tonne payload i am vat registered and it would be used as a pool vehicle.surely the one tonne law will not apply as it is only a single cab and small vans like astras etc can not carry a tonne either

cranleys

Postby cranleys » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:48 am

southwest

Given it will be used in your business I see no issue with claiming back the VAT.

Always available to assist.

Colin Davison
colin.davison@cranleys.co.uk

Property Tax Secrets 2005
Inheritance Tax Secrets (coming soon)
Business Tax Secrets (coming soon)

Cranleys Chartered Accountants

create value, achieve success
01256-766655
07766-714000

There is nothing to substitute proper professional advice because each taxpayer's personal and business circumstances differ.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”