This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT on flowers/bouquets?

katieRAS
VAT on flowers/bouquets?

Postby katieRAS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi all

I'm just going through our companies expense claims...the VAT seems to have been let slip a bit, and I'm just checking that everything that can be claimed, has been claimed.

I've got an M&S receipt for a flower bouqeut, but its not too clear if there's VAT on it...theres no asterix (*) so does that mean no?

Thanks!

Generix

Re: VAT on flowers/bouquets?

Postby Generix » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi all

I'm just going through our companies expense claims...the VAT seems to have been let slip a bit, and I'm just checking that everything that can be claimed, has been claimed.

I've got an M&S receipt for a flower bouqeut, but its not too clear if there's VAT on it...theres no asterix (*) so does that mean no?

Thanks!
Amoungst the many receipts on my very messy desk - I do not have an M&S one =(

Flowers in this context are standard rated, so I would be comfortable claiming the VAT.

(Only plants/flowers that aren't are ones used for food / food production I think).
Do you adore to transfer your artistic and inventive qualities to renovate a part type? Perhaps your friends who tour your sanctuary head remarks about want they could levy you to change their premises.

katieRAS

Postby katieRAS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:44 pm

I see, thanks!...I'm starting to hate M&S receipts!!! Some items are * while others (that I think should have VAT) arent?!

eg. A BLT sarnie has an *, but a Chicken Salad sarnie doesnt?!! Can you distinguish between the 2?

towat

Postby towat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:28 pm

A BLT sarnie has an *, but a Chicken Salad sarnie doesnt?!! Can you distinguish between the 2?
Maybe the farmer opted to tax the pig.

Generix

Postby Generix » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 pm

A BLT sarnie has an *, but a Chicken Salad sarnie doesnt?!! Can you distinguish between the 2?
LOOOL

Maybe the asterix is nothing to do with VAT?
Do you adore to transfer your artistic and inventive qualities to renovate a part type? Perhaps your friends who tour your sanctuary head remarks about want they could levy you to change their premises.

Kitty Kat

Postby Kitty Kat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Best post on TF ever.
My keeness to show knowledge can sometimes exceed my actual knowledge, therefore treat what I say as advice only.

LMT

Postby LMT » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:46 pm

come now, dont tell porkies.....

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”