This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

SEIS for startup

LiamW
SEIS for startup

Postby LiamW » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi,

I have a limited company for my consulting business that was formed about 8 years ago. I am in the process of launching a new internet startup and want to form a separate business that will meet the criteria for SEIS. Is it acceptable for my existing company to fund some of the startup costs (R&D development etc) and if so, should it be formalised as a loan? If it's a loan, does that have any impact on eligibility for SEIS?

Thanks,

Liam

LozaACCS

Re: SEIS for startup

Postby LozaACCS » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:26 am

I think HMRC would want to see the loan agreement, to ensure your aggregated interest cannot exceed 30%, (on the assumption that the other company is an associate).
You could seek clearance from the EIS office.

Return to “General”