This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VCT Dividends & Self Assessment form

chorne1966
VCT Dividends & Self Assessment form

Postby chorne1966 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi,

I wonder if anybody can help. I have an increasing number of VCT shares some brought with the benefit of income tax relief other purchased in the '2nd hand market'. The dividends for both benefit from not being liable to pay income tax on. I have therefore excluded these dividends from the self assessment form because as a higher rate tax payer I would end up paying tax on them. However, I am currently looking at obtaining several mortgages which now rely on your SA302 and using your tax returns as proof of income. The fact that I don't include my VCT dividends therefore significantly underestimates my true income and impacts on my ability to raise loan finance. Can anybody advise me on being able to resolve this?

Chris

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”