This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self Assessment Determination

belo
Self Assessment Determination

Postby belo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if you could offer some advice on a hopeless case such as mine.

I had a determination going back 1997 which at the time was £8000 and over of the years it balloned to £20,000 and now i have received a visit from the bailliff and was issued with warning of enforcement action.

Not sure why I ignored it but is one of those matters you wish will go away. Now I am out of work and practically have no money until I can get back to work.

Please can anyone offer any sort advice on what are my options if any at this stage?

Thanking you so much for your advice

Belo

section 44

Re: Self Assessment Determination

Postby section 44 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:18 am

Pay the debt.

Pay what you can of the debt and seek to agree a payment plan.

Accept that they will take possessions to sell to recoup the debt and consider whether this will be sufficient to be the end of the matter.

Prepare for potential bankruptcy.

Return to “General”