This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Money gift tax?

youssefghalawnji
Money gift tax?

Postby youssefghalawnji » Sat May 28, 2016 6:46 pm

Hello I have got a question , my friend is living outside UK and is very rich Wanted to give me a money gift of 40000£ or maybe a little less or more do I have to pay any tax on this money or he has to pay any to UK and how much it will be if yes? Iam a UK resident but he is not .and where do I have to go to arrange this to a property solicitor or to accountant or a money advisor please let me know in full details thanks

pawncob

Re: Money gift tax?

Postby pawncob » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:28 am

I don't think you'll get an answer on this forum. It's too close to MLR for anyone to tackle.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “International Tax”