This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Land and Buildings Transaction Tax

ndforrest88
Land and Buildings Transaction Tax

Postby ndforrest88 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi,

I currently own 2 flats that are rented. I sold my main residence in October 2010 and from them on till the 6th June 2016 I have rented a house. The house I rent is being sold and I have decided to move back to my flat as a main residence until I sell it.

From the 6th of June I have lived in the property and pay council tax. I have had an offer on the flat and have accepted and will conclude on the 30th June 2016. I have not bought another house yet but I am looking to offer on a property that is currently for sale. If I was successful in buying another property in the next 2 months, which would be my main residence, not for letting, would I then have to pay the ADS Tax?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Neill

Return to “Property Taxation”