This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

BTL purchase through ltd. director loan repayment question

Mkmgt85
BTL purchase through ltd. director loan repayment question

Postby Mkmgt85 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:31 pm

Hi,

I've looked in loads of places regarding this but can only really find info on overdrawn director loan accounts.

I'm shortly going to purchase a BTL through a SPV, I will fund the deposit as a director loan to the company so the account will be in credit. Each year I would like to repay part of the loan to myself but unsure if those repayments would incur tax for the company. So basically the question is would that loan repayment be classed as an expense and be drawn out of the company before tax?

I'm aware of personal tax implications of this just not the company.

Thanks

LozaACCS

Re: BTL purchase through ltd. director loan repayment question

Postby LozaACCS » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:24 pm

No, the loan repayments would not be a deductible expense, if interest were charged on the loan, this would be provided (in general) that it is made at a commercial rate

bd6759

Re: BTL purchase through ltd. director loan repayment question

Postby bd6759 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:21 pm

I'm aware of personal tax implications of this
There are no personal tax implications of taking your own money out of the company.

Return to “Property Taxation”