This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Reclaiming VAT on start up costs

Jambo55
Reclaiming VAT on start up costs

Postby Jambo55 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:59 am

Hi all,

I am in the processing purchasing quite a large amount of equipment for my currently non VAT registered business - I want to VAT register ASAP so that I can reclaim the VAT on this equipment, but my question is; is there a quick way to reclaim this input VAT or am I literally going to have to wait until the registration is complete and then until the end of my first VAT quarter, submit the return and receive a VAT reclaim - seems really long winded, so hoping there is a more efficient way? Any suggestions? Thanks JmB

les35

Re: Reclaiming VAT on start up costs

Postby les35 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:56 pm

It is not necessarily long winded! As long as you are in business, and expect to make 'taxable supplies,' then you can register for VAT. Apply for monthly Returns, and make sure your first Return is submitted promptly.
There is no other way to speed this process.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”