This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Interior Designer/Consultant - can vat be claimed on supplies

sat1979

Postby sat1979 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:44 pm

I am an interior designer/consultant and run my business through a limited company (have just commenced trading). I have registered for VAT as I expect my income to be over the threshold. I am managing the decoration of a house my client has just purchased (this is not a new house). I charge my client on an hourly basis for the time I spend and add vat to this. My client has deposited funds into my account for the purchase of fixtures and fittings, labour costs etc. For example, purchase of a kitchen. The supplier makes the invoice out to my company, but is delivered to my clients and installed there and the company pays for the kitchen from the funds deposited in my account by the client. My question is, can my company claim back the vat charged on these invoices? thanks

Paul Taylor

Postby Paul Taylor » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:17 am

You must decide on who the goods are supplied to.

If the goods are supplied to your company then our company can recover the VAT. However, you will then be required to account for VAT on the onward sale to your Client.

If the goods are supplied direct to your Client then you cannot recover the VAT.

Regards

Paul Taylor
Senior VAT Consultant
Dains.com

aaroncody

Re: Interior Designer/Consultant - can vat be claimed on supplies

Postby aaroncody » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:01 pm

I accept with paul statement. This is a common fact on VAT.
[URL=http://www.fevicoldesignideas.com/commercial-interior-designer]Commercial Interior Design Ideas[/URL]

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”