This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

currency conversion charge made by my online service

sharenoob
currency conversion charge made by my online service

Postby sharenoob » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Hello and thank you for accepting a newbie.
My question is this.
I inherited shares from my late husband that are listed on NYSE. They are held for me
by an online service. This year I have sold some for the first time. The service charge me a dealing fee plus 1% of the amount realised as a currency conversion charge. I know that dealing fee can be offset against CGT. Can I offset the currency conversion charge too please, also my annual account charge?
many thanks

sharenoob

Re: currency conversion charge made by my online service

Postby sharenoob » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:43 pm

nobody?

maths

Postby maths » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:11 pm

The service charge me a dealing fee plus 1% of the amount realised as a currency conversion charge. I know that dealing fee can be offset against CGT. Can I offset the currency conversion charge too please, also my annual account charge?
many thanks
Yes, currency conversions charge deductible as it relates exclusively to the particular disposal.

No, re the annual account charge.

sharenoob

Postby sharenoob » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:33 pm

many thanks maths...thats a huge advantage as the dealing fee is only 11 quid but the currency charge over 100!

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”