This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Backdate joining date of an employee

ash.run7
Backdate joining date of an employee

Postby ash.run7 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:31 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I own a limited company for the past 4 years. Last year, I employed 2 people in August 2015. Out of these two, one of the employees joining date needs to be backdated from August 2015 to April 2015 as I was paying cash to this employee and had not put him on payroll until August 2015.

I have a query that is it possible to backdate the joining date of this employee from August 2015 to April 2015 please?

Could anybody please provide any suggestions or implications of such action?

Thanks.

Ash

pawncob

Re: Backdate joining date of an employee

Postby pawncob » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:17 pm

If you employed him from April, why didn't you include him on your payroll from April?
Anyway, as the 2015/16 tax year has been dealt with ( I assume you've completed P35 etc,) it's too late to do anything. Did you include his cash payments in the pay after August?
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “General”