This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

2 payments in one month

Florence_Florence
2 payments in one month

Postby Florence_Florence » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:52 am

Hi all & thanks in advance for any advice.
My husband runs a small company and I do the payroll through HMRC's RTI. I've just noticed 2 of our employees earning less than the PT per month have class 1 NIC deducted and after a short investigation I realized it is due to me paying them twice in the same month - I usually pay them at the last day of each month but once I have delayed paying (instead of 31 of May I paid them on 1st of June their May salaries and then on 30th of June their June salaries). Their annual income will anyway be less the PT so my question is: is there any chance to have a refund once the tax year has finished and how to do so if yes. Many thanks!

pawncob

Re: 2 payments in one month

Postby pawncob » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:19 pm

No refund is possible. NICs are based on the amount actually paid, not the annual total.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:37 pm

That shouldn't make any difference because the PAYE month ends on 5th.

It is the pay period - the date they were supposed to get paid - that counts. You should be able to corect the dates and fix this in-year.

Florence_Florence

Postby Florence_Florence » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:59 pm

Thank you!

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”