This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

TFLS Recycling

OldBob
TFLS Recycling

Postby OldBob » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Can anybody clarify the "the cumulative amount of the additional contributions exceeds 30% of the pension commencement lump sum" rule? I received a tfls from my defined benefit company scheme, a portion of which I intend to reinvest in a personal pension. I'm a 40% tax payer (part time employment plus company pension) and so the contribution that I make to my personal pension will be eligible for a 25% tax rebate (claimed automatically by the pension scheme) along with further relief that I can claim. My question is where do I measure the 30%. Is it my_contribution/tfls or (my contribution + rebates)/tfls?

Thanks

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”