This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Box 7 on the VAT Return

Ola90
Box 7 on the VAT Return

Postby Ola90 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:45 pm

The company makes only exempt supply, but had to register for VAT as value of reverse charge supplies breached the VAT registration threshold.
When should I include in the Box 7? Only the net value of reverse charge transactions or the total value of all purchases even we are not entitled to claim VAT back on purchases or the box 7 should be zero?

les35

Re: Box 7 on the VAT Return

Postby les35 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Box 7 includes exempt and taxable supplies.
Check out this discussion: http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/threa ... st-2702772

Ola90

Postby Ola90 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:15 pm

Many thanks.

Lavender2306

Postby Lavender2306 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:34 am

The company makes only exempt supply, but had to register for VAT as value of reverse charge supplies breached the VAT registration threshold.
When should I include in the Box 7? Only the net value of reverse charge transactions or the total value of all purchases even we are not entitled to claim VAT back on purchases or the box 7 should be zero?
If you are making only exempt supplies and registered for VAT only because of reverse charge supplies, your box 7 should be zero.
Ordinarily, box 7 shows total amount of purchases made, net of VAT . But because as an exempt business you can't claim VAT on the reverse charge supply then I would suggest you don't include the value of the reverse charge purchase in box 7.
Thus in your case you will fill in box 1, box 5 and box 6.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”