This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self Assessment & Corporation Tax (2 companies = 2 self-assessment accounts?)

AndyM
Self Assessment & Corporation Tax (2 companies = 2 self-assessment accounts?)

Postby AndyM » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi there,

First time poster. Not entirely sure if this it the right section as I guess my question spans company, business and self tax? Hopefully someone can point me in the correct direction if I'm wrong.

Anyway, my situation. I own two companies that are registered in Scotland. One was set up three years ago and one is recently formed. When creating the first company, I registered for self-assessment. As part of this I was able to include my company and therefore add corporation tax and VAT registration all under the one self-assessment account number, with one UTR.

Now I have formed a second company, and I am unable to add any more corporation tax or companies to my self-assessment account. Is the correct action to create another self-assessment account for the corporation tax and vat registration of the new company?

Any thanks would be much appreciated.

Andrew

bd6759

Re: Self Assessment & Corporation Tax (2 companies = 2 self-assessment accounts?)

Postby bd6759 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:00 pm

As part of this I was able to include my company and therefore add corporation tax and VAT registration all under the one self-assessment account number, with one UTR.
No you didn't. That does not happen.

LozaACCS

Re: Self Assessment & Corporation Tax (2 companies = 2 self-assessment accounts?)

Postby LozaACCS » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:57 pm

What a pathetically rude response, as a first time poster I guess you will not be rushing to recommend the forum to others.
That said, I think you are wrong, you however seem confident in what you say, perhaps you could expand on the facts relating to the various registrations, are you possibly confusing the joint filing facility with Companies House and HMRC.

AndyM

Postby AndyM » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:57 pm

As part of this I was able to include my company and therefore add corporation tax and VAT registration all under the one self-assessment account number, with one UTR.
No you didn't. That does not happen.
Apologies, you are correct.

Within my GOV self-assessment account, I have my Corporation Tax, Self-Assessment, and Vat Registration as three separate sections. Corporation & Self-Assessment have their own UTR and VAT has a registration number.

My question is, I don't appear to be able to add another company to this, do I need to create another self-assessment account to manage a separate company with corporation tax?

SteLacca

Postby SteLacca » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Your personal Self-Assessment UTR and the company UTR will not be the same. You are separate legal entities, and each has your own separate UTR.

Perhaps have a play at your login to establish the correct position and then come back to us.

Return to “Business Tax”