This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self Employment fell through

DAM1987
Self Employment fell through

Postby DAM1987 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Hi there i shall start this off by saying sorry as im not sure where this should be posted.

i started self employment in September of this year i registerd as self-employed with class 2 NIC.
This was ment to be a permanent venture but sadly has fallen through. Ive had to stop being self employed
ive filled in the ''stopping self-employment'' on the HMRC website to tell them ive stopped self employment.

the past couple of months of working ive kept money aside to pay NIC and Tax.
But now that all of a sudden my work has stopped. how would i find out how much tax im due to pay ?
do i need to fill out a self assesment ?

Thanks

SteLacca

Re: Self Employment fell through

Postby SteLacca » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:40 am

You will need to complete a self-assessment Tax Return, but not until after April 2017. Any tax payable will not be due until 31 January 2018, and so you have some time yet.

Return to “General”