This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Investment Fund Structure/Tax

jamesross1986
Investment Fund Structure/Tax

Postby jamesross1986 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:35 am

Hi everyone

I have been working in finance as an employee for over 7 years and have recently managed to secure about £800k of funding from friends and family to invest in unquoted UK investments. I have secured the investment and know the types of investment and returns I am looking for but I have to be honest with you that I have no idea how to go about in setting up a structure to deal with this and receive the money from my investors.

Someone told me a few weeks ago that I should consider creating an Ltd for this purpose. I would like to know that what exactly needs to be done in this case. For instance, do the people who invest become shareholders and I become the secretary of the company? If so, how will I get the commissions I plan to charge my investors and pay a corporation tax on them if I'm a secretary to the Ltd and not an actual shareholder. I don't want to go through a complicated and costly fund structure and would like to keep things simple.

I would appreciate if anyone could share their thoughts on this.

Regards

James

pawncob

Re: Investment Fund Structure/Tax

Postby pawncob » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:15 pm

With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”