This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Changing deeds from my mums into mine.(daughter )

Smeegul
Changing deeds from my mums into mine.(daughter )

Postby Smeegul » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:52 am

Hello. My mum is in debt. And has asked me to pay off her mortgage of 27 grand. And the house deeds to go into my name. Where do I start? Thank u

maths

Re: Changing deeds from my mums into mine.(daughter )

Postby maths » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:40 pm

It seems the house is owned solely by mother.Mortgage also in mother's name only.

At the date the mortgage is discharged the legal title registered at Land Registry in mother's name is changed into your sole name.

If it is intended mother is still to be entitled to a beneficial interest after you discharge the mortgage then once legal title changed into your name you need simply execute a declaration f trust in your and mother's favour as appropriate.

Smeegul

Re: Changing deeds from my mums into mine.(daughter )

Postby Smeegul » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:22 pm

OK. Thank you.

Return to “General”