This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Car Tax Query

Jb2020
Car Tax Query

Postby Jb2020 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi there,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post a question like this but any help would be greatly appreciated!
My car is due to be taxed this week but I cannot find the V11 letter with the reference number needed to register online. I discovered that if I didn't have this letter I could use my log book instead. However, I have recently moved and have boxes of paper work stored in the garage, yet to be unpacked. I don't have time what with work etc to go through the boxes between now and Tuesday (the tax date deadline). I then saw I could go to the post office and purchase a new log book for £25 (which I can easily do on my lunch break).
My question is therefore this: Can I buy a new log book and tax the car at the post office all in one go?
It's really stressing me out - my own fault for being so unorganised. But if anyone could answer my question is be grateful! Many thanks in advance.

bd6759

Re: Car Tax Query

Postby bd6759 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:28 pm

Return to “General”