This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

lease to buy (taxi driver) some what confused about tax options

r3ynolds
lease to buy (taxi driver) some what confused about tax options

Postby r3ynolds » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:27 pm

I got myself a car for use as a taxi, and not 100% sure as to how to put it through on my tax return. I got it in 0ct 2015 and put a £5000 deposit down and paid the rest off over 12 months on a lease to buy agreement. The car remained in the name of the company i got it from until my final payment in oct 2016. can someone please explain the best way to put this through on my tax return, as I have been to a few different ways by fellow taxi drivers. Car Was second hand not new, total cost £10,995 no interest . Thanks.

Return to “General”