This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self employed Austria tax number problem

Cadams
Self employed Austria tax number problem

Postby Cadams » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Hi

Please can anyone help me with this.
I am self employed in the uk and working for one month in Austria, I have invoiced the company and at their request given them my uk schedule d tax reference and my vat number. They are saying that I haven't given them the right number and they will have to with hold a large amount in tax.
Can anyone help me to understand what number they are looking for?

Any help would be much appreciated , thanks

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Self employed Austria tax number problem

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:27 pm

I think since you are self employed and actually working in Austria even though its only a month. They may expect you to register with the Austrian Tax Authorities and file a tax return there. When you register you will be given a tax number

Kind regards

GTA

bd6759

Re: Self employed Austria tax number problem

Postby bd6759 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Return to “International Tax”