This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax Return

henryb
Tax Return

Postby henryb » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi everyone, I've left our partnership 2015-2016 tax return pretty late due to a few reasons but am now in a rush to get it done and sorted since it's due by next Tuesday. Previously accountants have done this so it's all new to me.

I went through the HMRC tax return online form and found a lot of it confusing, at the end it showed that I owed quite a chunk of which in previous years our accountants have managed to basically make £0. I haven't yet claimed for using my home as a business (I use half the living room and have two computers and a small photography 'studio') and also I bought a bunch of equipment by accident with my personal account (default card in Amazon etc) which I didn't realise back then, now I'd like to offset this to bring the amount owed down.

I use Kashflow and everything for the business is pretty organised and Kashflow pumps out the figures to put in to the tax return, the issue being how to add on the equipment bits and home/leccy usage etc.

Is there anything else I should be aware of with doing this return, things to claim on that can make a difference?

I know going forward I'm going to be fully on top of my accounts, this has been a bit of a nightmare.

Return to “Business Tax”