This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Moving from Brazil to the UK with prior assets

spfl
Moving from Brazil to the UK with prior assets

Postby spfl » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:34 pm

Hello,

I am a Brazilian citizen moving to England for work. I am not completely sure for how long I will be staying in the UK (may be permanently), as the position I am taking is not temporary. I have investments in Brazil and, at first, do not plan on moving them to the UK, but I may decide to do so in the future. Therefore, I would like to now how to proceed for tax purposes. Should I declare all my assets in Brazil even if they were obtained prior to my move to the UK (and duly taxed)? Does it make any difference if I plan on moving those assets to the UK in the future or not?

Thank you

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Moving from Brazil to the UK with prior assets

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:04 am

Hi

If you become resident in the UK And non domiciled in the UK then you would need to declare any overseas income or capital gains through either the remittance or arising basis

Kind Regards

GTA

Return to “International Tax”