This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Misc Questions on ltd

Whippino
Misc Questions on ltd

Postby Whippino » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:27 am

Hello,

I have some questions regarding a company my friends and I would like to start:

Business will be to manage holiday houses in Italy. In a nutshell: We pay the landlord a lump sum for the summer season and any income from rental is ours.

- If I open an ltd in uk and the rental income goes to a UK account, in which country the ltd has to pay the corporation taxes?

- regarding the dividends of each associate, does everyone pay the taxes in their own residence country? (I am uk resident the others are italian residents)

- if we decide to have a monthly salary, how does it work in different countries?

Thanks

AmanSood

Re: Misc Questions on ltd

Postby AmanSood » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:49 am

Hi

There are a lots of different considerations and each country is different. On the basis that it's a UK resident Company then corporation tax will be due in the UK. However, given some of the Directors are in Italy, the Italian authorities may look to tax some of the company profits in Italy as well. The dividends would be taxable based on the country of resident of each shareholder and if a salary is paid then consideration would need to be given to each local countries rules. There are ways of structuring the arrangement to minimise your taxes so worth getting professional advice.

Aman
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

Return to “International Tax”