This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax relief question on personal property repairs

Poohbear59
Tax relief question on personal property repairs

Postby Poohbear59 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi, I am new here so apologies if I am using incorrect forum.

We have a small business letting a property attached to our house as a holiday let. It isn't making us any money yet as we took out loans to complete building, furnishing etc.
The plan is for it to supplement our pensions in the future.

We have been unable to spend money on our own property for good few years as we are surviving on a pension. Our porches and front door are falling apart and are in desperate need of repair or replacement. It has been suggested to us that the state of our house is affecting our business.

If we make a profit in the current financial year, which is forecast, can we spend on a new front door or porch and claim tax relief on the cost?

pawncob

Re: Tax relief question on personal property repairs

Postby pawncob » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:28 pm

No.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Property Taxation”