This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Never ending tax fines

Rose57
Never ending tax fines

Postby Rose57 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Please bear with me, I am not very good at this but I am desperately in need of some advice. My husband and I ran a company for about 18 month had to close business down to lack of work due to financial crisis. We did everything by the book, payed our taxes,Vat filled in forms so we didn't have to do self assessment. Then a year later a fine came through the post for my husband. We phoned tax office they said all was sorted. Then another fine bigger this time, We phoned tax office yet again the said it was sorted. Mean while my husband is working PAYE. We then get another fine bigger guess by now you got the hang of this story. We phone they say it sorted now the fine is very big its almost his tax code. My husband new tax code came through they are taking the fines from his tax . It gets better the fines have started again its none stop We have appealed, But then Saturday another fine came through. we have written we have phoned nothing seam to work. I have tried an accountant but he was not interested he just told me to phone them again. My husband wages are not going to be much after tax man had his bit. I am concerned about my husband health Anybody got any advice Fines are for self assessment We have never received letter or self assessment forms saying fill these in all he get is the fines.
Thank-you

bd6759

Re: Never ending tax fines

Postby bd6759 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:44 pm

It is really difficult to answer these questions with the scarcity of information. It is always curious when reading these questions that the penalty notices get delivered, but everythimg else does not. It is also very unlikely that HMRC would say that everything was sorted when clearly it was not. Maybe they told you what to do in order to get it sorted?

You need to speak with CAB or taxaid. They may be able to help. Google them for contact details.

Return to “General”