This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

KASHFLOW One bill but 200 item how split/show in books

the5ame
KASHFLOW One bill but 200 item how split/show in books

Postby the5ame » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:05 pm

We will have to register for VAT within next 2 month as coming to the treshold. When we become a VAT register how do we record purchases. Lets say I buy 200 different products from same company once a week. I pay all in one go (example £2400). Then company emails me an invoices for each item individually. How do I record this sale as on my Kashflow account as it apears as one payment. The £2400 includes VAT so will I have to pay minus VAT or same as before but show in books that this included VAT. Or I have to supply their company with my VAT number so they send invoices without and payment will exluded VAT?

Curently get invoice with this format:
PVC Book Shelf
Postage: 0.00
Price: £10.0
VAT: £2.00
Total: £12

bd6759

Re: KASHFLOW One bill but 200 item how split/show in books

Postby bd6759 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 pm

CR Bank £12
DR Purchases £10
DR VAT £2

If you sell it for £24

DR Bank £24
CR Sales £20
CR Vat £4

If these were the only transactions in the VAT period, your profit will be £10 (£20 sales less £10 Purchase) and you will owe £2 VAT to HMRC (£4 - £2)

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”