This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

U.K. investment in US LLC

SP78
U.K. investment in US LLC

Postby SP78 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:08 am

Hi, I am looking to invest in a US LLC as one of a number of investors in what is a property investment project. I will receive a % interest on my capital paid quarterly with an additional payment at year end depending on the portfolio performance. I am a higher rate tax payer. As a UK citizen can I / should I look to do this by setting up a Personal Investment Company and making a loan to that company which would make the said investment (approx £40k), where I assume any capital can be paid back to me interest free with my tax limited to any dividend income if drawn? Also, what would my tax liabilities be to the US? Would I need to file a US tax return? Thanks

JT10

Re: U.K. investment in US LLC

Postby JT10 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:52 am

Hi SP,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm looking at a US LLC investment as well so would be keen to get your views.

Many thanks

Xavier

Return to “International Tax”