This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

RICS Surveyor- is there another way?

Tingly
RICS Surveyor- is there another way?

Postby Tingly » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Good evening

I have spoken to hmrc today about gaining a retrospective property price for cgt calc purposes
I took possession of a gifted property in 1987
I seem to remember it was worth circa 55then, but being a gift i cannot verify that.
I can see from the council tax bandings in 1991 the property would have fell between 50-68k , so i think my guestimate 4 years later is pretty accurate
However hmrc say i will have to prove this - and say a rics surveyor would do this
With vat etc the rics man now comes in at over £1200

I have tried estate agents, solicitors, national valuation office, local valuation office- all to no avail

Can anyone else direct me to someone who may be able to help please?
Thanks

Tingly

Re: RICS Surveyor- is there another way?

Postby Tingly » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm

Sorry - posted twice in error

Return to “Property Taxation”