This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

EU lowest social security tax rates

IndieDev
EU lowest social security tax rates

Postby IndieDev » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm a self employed solo app developer. I generate income mostly from advertisements within the app, typically totaling around 80K euros annually. I'm British and would like to move to another EU country with a lower tax rate. After searching online I found that it comes down to Bulgaria, Hungary and Czech Rep. at 10%, 15%, 15% respectively. However this is only part of all the taxes, and I found it much harder to get solid numbers on Social Security tax, where many sites give conflicting information. I would appreciate advice on the total tax I will have to pay in these countries or solid sources for the self employed. Thanks.

RMC

Re: EU lowest social security tax rates

Postby RMC » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 pm

In UK you can get Class 1 NIC completely free of charge if you are on a low salary and take the rest of profits as dividends, rent for use of home or interest on money invested (those with unearned income do not pay).

Return to “Income Tax”