This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

First company car - help!

Benji.williams
First company car - help!

Postby Benji.williams » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi

New to this forum and hoping for some help with my first company car.

I was excited until i started to dig a bit deeper .

I am really struggling to understand how the BIK will affect my take home pay. I have used some online calculators and also contacted my company's payroll. The information they gave as an approximate differs from what HMRC told me to calculate.

I am on a salary of £35,300 p.a (I was also given an annual bonus this month of £2,673.42)
Tax code - S1143L
Pension contribution - 4%

Car - XC60 DIESEL ESTATE D4 [190] R DESIGN Nav 5dr17
Taxable list price - £34780
P11d value - £8,695 (I think this is right for 117co2)
Monthly BIK - £144.92
CO2 rebate £10 per month
My car contribution - £41.12 per month from net pay

Would ideally have it in two month, but dont want to be stung with a bigger reduction in salary than i expected.

payroll said roughly £2123 take home after tax but after speaking to HMRC I'mm working it out as £1996.

Could anyone shed some light on this?

SteLacca

Re: First company car - help!

Postby SteLacca » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:04 pm

I agree £2,123 (well, £2,122.xx where xx pence will vary slightly month on month).

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”