This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Employer supplied accomm and PPR and BTL

Shropshiretom
Re: Employer supplied accomm and PPR and BTL

Postby Shropshiretom » Tue May 02, 2017 11:54 am

Thank you Someone

SDLT Geek

Postby SDLT Geek » Wed May 03, 2017 8:20 pm

in your case as far as I can tell, the only way for you to avoid the higher rate SDLT is to sell all your properties before buying P3.
Agreed. Or to sell or give away shares in them so that neither of you have a share worth more than £40,000 in any one of the existing properties.

Shropshiretom

Postby Shropshiretom » Wed May 03, 2017 10:03 pm

Thank you SDLT Geek

SDLT Geek

Postby SDLT Geek » Sun May 07, 2017 11:58 am

As far as I can tell, the only way for you to avoid the higher rate SDLT is to sell all your properties before buying P3.
I agree. Or if you are in a position to sell just shares in the other properties, to sell enough of a share that each of you has a share worth less than £40,000 in each other property.

Return to “Stamp Duty, Stamp Duty Land Tax, SDLT”