This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

non resident and CGT

mca1
non resident and CGT

Postby mca1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:44 pm

I am currently a UK resident and my query is around what rules apply in relation to CGT and Income tax once you become non resident.

I work for a company in UK which is PE owned and have been awarded some equity shares. PE is likely to exit in 3 years time, which is when we get the share value and any interest earned on loan notes. CGT will be due on shares value and income tax on any interest earned.

If we move abroad this year and become non resident, with no intention of coming back to UK for 5 tax years, what impact does it have on CGT and income tax?

many thanks

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”