This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

channel island goods and service tax

vingaling123
channel island goods and service tax

Postby vingaling123 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi

I was hoping whether someone can help me, my company is VAT registered company in UK and we supply goods on Amazon, when a customer from the channel island purchases an item on Amazon, I usually tell them there is a surcharge for delivery to the channel island and normally my customers are okay with that. So for example, I tell them there is a surcharge of £10+VAT, i know they do not need to pay for VAT because they are in the channel island. So once I charge hem the £10, i will need to generate an invoice.

I have spoken to my accounts and they said for every transaction i make that are zero rate VAT i will need a tax number from the business as proof, but from my understanding channel island do not have any sort of tax numbers.

Was hoping if anyone could help clear this up for me and offer a solution

Thanks in advance

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”